Skip to main content

If you were planning on applying for the E-2 visa but do not qualify for all the requirements. It may be time to consider other avenues:


Green Cards

The EB-1(a) “Extraordinary Ability” visa, is available to applicants who can prove exceptional and sustained acclaim in their particular field. The EB-2 (employment-based exceptional ability) or EB- (skilled, professional, or other worker) are other green card options worth investigating. Although the EB-2 and EB-3 require an offer of employment, you may qualify for the requirements if you have an employer willing to sponsor you.

E-1 Visa

E-2 applicants may qualify for the E-1 (Treaty Trader) visa. Many E-2 visa treaty countries also have E-1 visa treaties with the U.S. Both E-1 and E-2 visas can have unlimited extensions, but the E-1 does not require a substantial financial investment.

EB-5 Visa 

If you have $500,000 USD or more to invest, consider going directly for the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Green Card.


Contact Mons Law Group to arrange your visa strategy session, where our immigration attorney, Monique Ndaya Mutombo will take you through every step of the process.


Leave a Reply